International call for student volunteers for the CONGRESS OF THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION
FOR CROSS-CULTURAL PSYCHOLOGY, 27-31 July 2020, The Palacký
University, Olomouc, the Czech Republic
The congress of the International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP) is a psychological event organized every two years, its tradition reaches back to 1972 when the first IACCP congress was held in Hong Kong. It is a major meeting place for the exchange of ideas among researchers and students from all over the world. No congress can succeed without a number of motivated and competent student volunteers. Consider volunteering for IACCP 2020!
Benefits of being a student volunteer at IACCP 2020:
Being a student volunteer at IACCP 2020 is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact and network with a variety of experts in psychology from all over the globe with an interest in cross-cultural psychology.
- Opportunity to meet, hear and network with world-class psychologists from around the world
- Meeting fellow students from various countries
- Taking part at the conference without paying a registration fee
- Behind the scene experience with organization of a top international event.
- A valued work practice on your CV
Volunteers will receive:
- Free access to the IACCP congress for all days (however, please note that volunteers are responsible for their accommodation and travel costs)
- Their name recognized at the IACCP 2020 website
- Official IACCP t-shirt, a unique, earned souvenir
- Refreshments, snacks and drinks for the whole duration of the event
- Public recognition on stage at the IACCP Closing ceremony, July 31
- Reliability, responsibility
- Availability July 26-31, 2020
- Since English is the official congress language, all volunteers have to speak English fluently; knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Good social and communication skills
- Psychology student
- Letter of recommendation from a PhD lecturer
The general role for the student volunteers:
- To help coordinate program activities
- Assist onsite with attendees, help answer attendee questions
- Provide directions to various locations
- Registration duties
- Greet visiting delegates
- Provide general assistance to keep the conference running smoothly
- To help with traffic flow
- Ensure podium session and other sessions run in timely manner
Volunteering involves a variety of tasks. Applicants may select preferred volunteer category, we shall do our best to accommodate your wish but cannot guarantee you will be assigned to the category of your choice. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Welcoming foreign delegates
- Registration desk – registration of attendees, checking their IDs, giving them conference materials
- Greeting and providing directions
- Exhibition – Assistance to exhibitors
- Conference rooms Set-up/ Tear-down with arranging chairs, tables, podium; securing smooth run of the sessions by providing microphones for discussion, water for the speakers, technical assistants should they be needed, crowd management, vacating session for the next one
- Coat check/ cloakroom service
- Runners, “gofers” – fast connection, delivering messages, secure a smooth flow
Don’t miss a chance to be at a great event, IACCP 2020.
Application Due Date: April 30, 2020
Each applicant will be required to attend orientation and general training session on July 26 2020.
The general training session will be aimed at enabling applicants to gain basic knowledge required as student volunteers.
The Volunteers cannot take an active part in the Scientific Programme in the way of presenting a paper or poster.