How to proceed
Call for Abstracts
The 25th Scientific Committee is pleased to invite authors to submit their abstracts for oral, poster presentations and symposia, to be delivered at the 25th International Congress of International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology with its motto: ‘Where is my home? The dynamics of identities and communications.’
The timetable below the detailed topics sets out key dates for your attention.
The organizers of the 25th IACCP welcome the submissions of abstracts for original contributions to the field. All abstract authors are asked to choose the closest relevant topic during the submission process.
All accepted proposals for 2020 have been transferred to the 2021 virtual conference so you do not have to submit them again.
We ask PRESENTERS who submitted their ABSTRACT or SYMPOSIUM for IACCP 2020 which was originally scheduled for 2020 to fill in our survey as we would like to know your plans.
Abstract submission is closed.
Important dates for Abstract Submissions
November 15, 2019
Opening abstract submissions
March 20, 2021
Deadline for abstract submissions
March 30, 2021
Notification regarding abstract submissions submitted by March 20th, 2021
- Abstracts for oral presentations, posters, and symposia may be submitted only electronically using the online form on the Congress website www.iaccp2020.com
In the case that electronic submission is not possible, please contact the IACCP 2020+ Secretariat at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
You can choose one of the following topics:
- Acculturation, adaptation, culture shock
- Applications of CCP
- Cognition, emotion, motivation
- Counselling & psychotherapy
- Culture, traditions, religion
- Culture and work, business, organizations
- Development, socialization, life-span
- Emerging topics
- Environment & Climate change
- Ethnicity, gender
- Health disorders and psychopathology
- Identity, personality
- Intercultural communication, language
- Intercultural training
- Media communication, popularization, propaganda
- Migration, tolerance
- Political themes
- Research methodology and research ethics
- Stereotypes, prejudice, discrimination, minority
- Teaching cross-cultural psychology
- Values, morality and ethics
- Other topics
IACCP 2020+ presentation formats individuals
By providing a flexible way of submitting abstracts, we are inviting you to help compose the overall congress scientific programme. Each author may select from a wide range of different submission types. Papers may be submitted as individual presentations or as a part of a symposium:
Oral Presentations: 15-minute time slot
Papers submitted to the IACCP 2020+ thematic areas will be grouped together by the thematic area chairperson into paper sessions allotted of 15 minutes including discussion.
Poster sessions allow presenters and attendees to engage in extended personal discussions regarding presentations that are in paper/cloth or electronic format.
For the title length please use a maximum of 100 characters, including spaces. Text of Abstract is limited to 300 words.
NOTE: Participants who wish to submit an individual paper may choose between an oral presentation and a poster. Both oral presentations and posters submitted and accepted by the Scientific Committee will be handled within the grouped by thematic sessions category topics and the best effort will be exercised to create groups of presentations related by their themes in order to promote networking among the presenters and their audience and in order to facilitate meaningful discussion As the distinction between oral presentations and posters is only a matter of the presentation mode, submissions in both categories will be assessed by the same scientific criteria. The Scientific Committee will determine the final mode of presentation, also taking into account the quality of the proposals, their relationships, temporal and technical possibilities.
Poster Presentations: 45-minute time slot
Symposia: 90-minute time slot
A symposium is a focused session in which multiple (3-5) participants present their contributions related to a shared theme. The format of a symposium usually consists of an introduction to the topic by the Chairperson to provide the audience with a background for the ensuing discussion. Participants then present their viewpoints, followed by interchange among participants and between the audience and participants. Often the symposium will end with an overview of the proceedings by the chairperson or a discussant.
- The abstracts will be accepted in English only.
- For the title length please use a maximum of 100 characters, including spaces. The brief content description length is limited by a maximum of 250 characters, including spaces, and text of Abstract to 300 words.
- Each Symposium can have a maximum of 5 participants and 3 discussants.
- The abstracts will be accepted only via the online IACCP 2020+ Submission form.
- Abstracts will be made available to the participants in an electronic form. The author is solely responsible for the ethical and scientific content of the submission as well as for its proper grammatical and stylistic form.
- There are no fees for submitting abstracts.
NOTE: If English is not Author’s first language, we recommend that the abstract is checked by somebody who is fluent in English prior to submission.